The West Side Brethren in Christ Church began as a church plant of the Allegheny Conference in 1987 with Rev. Ed RIckman as founding Pastor. Soon an initial building was erected at the current location, 2665 Lincoln Way West, Chambersurg.
Pastor Rickman left in 1988 and was succeeded by Rev. Charles Lehman, who led the congragation for 13 years. The church experienced some growth during this time. Pastor Lehman retired in 2001 and was succeeded by Rev. James Sollenberger, who retired in 2019. The current Pastor, W David Kent was installed in September 2020.
The West Side congregation is affiliated with the Brethren in Christ Church, which grew out of a revival movement in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, in 1780. The church has its roots in the Anabaptist, Pietist, and Wesleyan streams of theological thought. It is actively involved in church planting and missions, with many members overseas.